Minitaur inspired 2 osc VA with ringmod/FM
Started as something simple for my Akai LPD 8 midi controller and inspired by Moog Minitaur (the name came from this). Certainly the hardware sounds 1000x better, but this is just an amateur software...
During the time of making I added many extra features, so it has not much common with the original idea.
As planned, all of the knobs and switches are controllable from my Akai (4 programs x 8 knobs ; 4 programs x 8 pads which are programmable to on-off switches). I've attached the pre-programmed cc-values in a text file.
It looks simple, but try the sound, there are some very interesting.
- Minitaur inspired minimalistic design with many additional features
- 2 oscillators with 9 waveforms, PWM, FM and Ring mod
- Pythagorean ratios at semi-tone tuners
- 8x polyphony or mono mode with glide
- 24 dB/oct Karlsson lowpass, highpass and bandpass filters
- LFO with 9 waveforms and 4 destinations
- A, D/R, S envelopes for modulations and Amp
- Bypassable effects: Distortion, Ping-Pong and Echo Delay, Reverb - set the wet knobs (or distortion) to 0 to bypass
- Random and Reset buttons for unusual sounds and initial preset
- Double-click sets the knobs to default value
- Output waveform display to avoid overload
- Kujashi-made soundbank with 128 patches + 32 sounds from me
Back to home page