Dual-osc wavetable/additive synth
Notes from Gyovai László
Here is the earlier shown new synth. I wanted to share it before our vacation - hope it works and usable.
Spring-time experimented with some new features: bar modulations, looper, pitch-shifting, reworked deeply the multi-tap delay inside, free waveform LFOs,...
Haven’t touched it since about June, now had a bit time and made those mods, what planned earlier. Created 16 new patches to test it - some are interesting, some less, but the best will be those what you create for yourself - as always.
If you want to make new patches, can be a good idea to save your favorite initial or performance settings into a "template" .fxp file and load it when start the patching - if don't like my initial values. If like, normally enough to click on the Init button.
Eventually later can make a multi effect plugin with own preset manager or individual effects, if you like these new ones and would like to use them with your other synths.
Don’t know the looper how useful - that could be an independent VST too, if somebody needs.
Try & Have fun! :-)
- 2 oscillators: switchable to wavetable or additive mode
- 16 bars to change the waveform directly or the harmonic content
- in wavetable mode selectable interpolation: steps, lines or curves
- the lower waveform can be synchronised to the upper
- local randomization for the oscs
- independent Unison detune
- the bars can be modulated by the the osc envelops for wave morphing
- each bar has own mod level bar (-1...+1) under the main bars
- adjustable pitch mod by envelope or Osc LFO
- saturation modulation by the osc mod envelopes
- all envelopes have shape controls and fast/slow switches
- both oscillators have own amp envelopes
- the upper osc can modulate the lower in FM mode through its amp envelope
- oscs can be ring modulated
- independent tuning for the oscs (octave, semi, fine)
- noise oscillator with white and pink noise + own decay envelope
- osc and filter LFOs have freely adjustable shapes, synch speed and phase shift
- bypassable filter with 17 mode, keyboard tracking, feedback (output to input) and overdrive
- feedbacked X-Y filter pad: find quickly a good cutoff-resonance setting with the dot and fine-tune it with the knobs; aproximated transfer curve is shown on the pad
- the "Humanizer" using a formant filter: the 3 base frequencies can be altered manually by the bars
- dual parallel looper with adjustable length (1...8 sec) and pitch shifter (0...-7 semis), Delete/Record, Pause buttons and output level knob
- playing-above-the-loops possible, just set to Direct mode
- hold button: holds the latest pressed single note
- inbuilt effects: phaser, chorus, synced multi-tap delay with adjustable Hi/Lo filters, advanced reverb with similar filters + dedicated sine LFO for tremolo or pano effect to the reverbed sound
- adjustable modulations from modwheel, pitchweel to vibrato, wah (filter LFO depth) and cutoff frequency in +/- direction
- adjustable Pitchbend range and polyphony level
- auto panning modulated by the osc LFO
- single knob Tone control from low pass to high pass
- selectable local or DAW bpm tempo
- adjustable glide and envelope retriggering for mono mode
- selectable MIDI channel: 0 means all
- adjustable stereo position by the pano knob
- output wave window
- selectable knobsets (9 sets) for each presets: just resave the patch or the bank with your favorite set
- double-click-to-default knobs with global random and reset
- double RIGHT click on bars set them to default position
- 64 patch position in a bank, though you can save as many banks as want
- 16 demo patches by me
Back to home page